Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada


Photobucket
Sandy, Larry, Linda and Jeff
On Grama Laura's Front Steps
Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Sara made a beautiful turkey dinner yesterday. Laura and I provided the side dishes and we had a feast! I know you are celebrating Columbus Day and more importantly Andrea's bridal shower. Yay, Andrea, the wedding is one day closer, honey!

I am posting this picture simply because it is yummy cuteness at its best.

Most of you will remember the endless hours of play we had on those front porch steps. It was the best place in the world to play, play, play.

I realize that my own home has become an extension of some of the favourite things from my own grandmother's homes. Their homes have had a huge influence upon me and you know it wasn't just the structures themselves but the heart of hospitality that the Grandmothers had. If my own grandchildren can experience even half of what I had I will be pleased.


3 comments:

  1. Jeff is kicking up his heel saying, Way to Go, Andrea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that gave me the best laugh! It is totally yummy cuteness but I am so hilarious! I've never seen this picture. I've been wanting to go take a photo of that porch for you all as it looks today. It's so nicely redone and someday we'll have to sit on those steps again and take another photo. I often ride by on my bike and remember the life that happened there. We have so many photos that involved the front of that house. Mom and Dad's wedding photo for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something special about going to grandma's house a d playing! Make believe and the special gift of love that only grandma can give. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete