Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, Melanie


matthewskids
Jeff, Linda, Melanie, Sandra, Lori
Happy Birthday to our dear little sister Melanie. Look how happy you made all of us when you came into our lives. Sandy got the honour of holding you in this picture.

Soon you will be the one holding your third grandchild in your arms. You have been an awesome daughter, sister, mother and now grandmother...not to mention wife to Skip and friend to many.

One of my sweetest memories of you as a little girl is how you walked on your toes. I'm surprised you didn't become a ballerina.

And now the sweetest memory I will have of you as an adult is meeting with you in Germany for Nate and Lea's wedding. That is something right out of a story book! We got to the Rathaus just in time. Tears of joy!!

Thank you for making us quilts when we turned 50 and thank you for letting us help you make a wonky star quilt for yours.

I hope your day is filled with delight.
Linda

4 comments:

  1. Ah, what a special picture! Happy Birthday to my Melanie Ann. Hope your day is perfect. Wouldn't it be fun to have your grandbaby born on this day?
    Gary just commented that he remembers you always wanting to sit on his lap when he and I were dating. That is so cute!! Wait a minute....I think he's wrong because you would have been 10. I can't stop laughing. He goes well somebody did and I thought it was Melanie! What is your recollection?
    Love you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sandy. You were able to leave a comment. Howdya' do that? I'm so happy....

      Delete
    2. Oh my, I have no memory of sitting on Gary's lap! I'm sure it was my cutie pie lil' sister Becky! Lots of memories of Gary taking us lots of places, though, and many, many games :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Linda, and LOVE the photo! My wonky star quilt is finally finished, and I've been enjoying it in the evenings and think of you all and each, every time!

    ReplyDelete